Many of us seek quick and efficient methods for memorization of the Quran. But how long do you expect to memorize the Quran? within a month, a few months, or less than a year. Of course, with the least amount of effort, we wish to memorize the Qur’an as quickly as feasible.
So, Applying tried-and-true techniques and picking the right action can astound you if you want to quickly memorize the Quran. You may keep track of your progress to quickly and entertainingly memorize the Quran.
In This Article: We’ll go over the most important STEPS that help you to achieve your goal quickly and easily.
First, you have to know why you want to memorize the Quran.
Why do you want to memorize the Quran?
It would be best if you knew the answer to this question. Your answer will guide you in finding the most suitable method to start, according to your effort and time. There are many reasons to start memorizing the Quran:
- The most important reason is that it is an essential part of obligatory daily prayer (salah).
- In the afterlife (Akhirah), learning the Quran will be an award-winning endeavor.
- The reciting of the Quran serves as Allah’s remembrance (dhikr).
About the importance of dhikr:
- Allah (SWT) tells us in the Quran: “O you who believe! Remember Allah with much remembrance.” (33:41)
- Our Prophet (SAW) also told us: “He who remembers his Lord and he who does not are like the living and the dead.” (Bukhari & Muslim)
So, the hafiz (a person who memorizes the Quran) aims to store as many documents as he can. In addition, he/she gets innumerable blessings if he/she relays Allah’s words to other Muslims who wish to memorize the Quran as well.
5 Tips to help you memorize the Quran
Now, after detecting your special reasons for memorizing the Quran, we share with you the most often-used tips that help you to get your goal fast and quickly.
1- Purify your Intention
When you purify your intention and make it concerned with memorizing the Quran, you can have a clear vision while creating your plan.
- Make it your goal to become closer to Allah and attain paradise.
- Write down your several intentions in flashcards.
- Hang these flashcards in front of you everywhere you are. This habit will renew your intention continuously and help you get more rewards.
2- Create your own plan
Define a plan with a detailed document that you can follow and outline the steps with the timeline necessary to memorize the Quran and complete your goal according to your proper schedule.
- Make a plan, execute it, take stock, and then tweak it.
- Put measurable goals. Thus, you will be able to assess your own progress and modify your plan.
- Long-term goal: Detect the period that you need to complete memorizing the whole Quran. This tip will get your mind ready to put the whole plan into consideration.
- Short-term goal: Reward yourself with every small step of the way. Memorize 3 to 5 lines every session (daily or weekly). You can increase the number of lines or pages based on your time, for example, 2 or 3 pages of the Quran per session.
- Reward yourself after memorizing a constant stream of Quranic verses to feel successful and never be bored.
check our online Quran course now!
3- Hearing the passages of the Quran recitation.
You may hear the passages of the Quran recited via daily follow-up mobile applications for memorizing the Quran.
- Listen to your favorite application, like YouTube or any other app. That will help you improve and correct your recitation.
- Choose a reader who is comfortable with his voice and performance style. It will make the verses quite familiar to you, making your Quran memorization with Tajweed much easier.
- After that, recite what you heard and read the explanation (Tafseer) to understand the Quranic verses you have memorized.
4- Support yourself with the proper Environment
You can prepare your mind to get ready for Quran memorization by creating a proper environment, like a quiet place with clear light and a planner to record any notes.
- Choose your own copy of Mushaf. It will make your memorization easier due to the dependence on vision and hearing, thus familiarity.
- Detect your optimum time to recite the Quran repeatedly; the best time is after Fajr or in the early hours of the morning.
- Make a special schedule with your close friends for follow-up conservation and monitor your progress.
- Share what you’ve learned with them to point out any errors.
5- Recite the Quran continuously and make Dua
There are some tips to help you power through your timeline (until you reach your goal of memorizing the Quran), which are as follows:
- Remember the verses before daily prayers and recite the newly memorized verses every day during them (Salah). This action will act as a continuous revision.
- To keep your continuity during the day hours, you may make your flashcards more effective by using them to memorize certain verses and their meanings that you want to remember where you are.
- Before memorizing new verses, go through the ones you’ve already memorized. It’s a good mental warm-up activity.
- Detect the Quranic verses that you will learn today.
- Recite what you already memorized the day before.
- Review what you have memorized in the last period (you may modify it according to your ability to memorize).
- Making a dua helps you through your steps. Allah will be watching you every step of the way.
Finally; Here’s the question that keeps you busy.
Can I memorize the Quran by myself?
Your journey to memorize the Quran isn’t easy, so you can dip these tips into your daily habits to reach your target through a proper timetable plan.
A Quran tutor is a good guide to depend on to memorize the Quran with tajweed. Choose a professional person to make your plan easier and get much support during your memorization of the Quran.
Hence, if you believe that memorizing the Quran has become difficult, you can register with a Quran tutoring program. This is now offered through Quran memorization courses.